We are here to help you achieve your current and long term philanthropic goals. Whether you want to make a one-time gift or start a fund to promote a legacy, we offer options for giving now and giving later.
1. We are a local organization with deep roots in the community
2. Our professional program staff has broad expertise regarding community issues and needs
3. We provide highly personalized service tailored to each individual’s charitable and financial interests
4. Our Donor Advised Funds help people invest in the causes they care about most
5. We accept a wide variety of assets, and can facilitate even the most complex forms of giving
6. We partner with professional advisors to create highly effective approaches to charitable giving
7. We offer maximum tax advantage under state and federal law
8. We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants
9. We build endowment funds that benefit the community forever and help create personal legacies
10. We are a community leader, convening agencies and coordinating resources to create positive change
Decide WHEN to give. Do you want to establish a fund now—or defer your gifts through a will or other planned giving?
Decide WHAT to give. There are many different kinds of assets you might have to start a fund, and we can accept most of them. We have significant experience accepting charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, retirement plan assets, closely held stock, cash, publicly traded stock, life insurance, and even copyrights.
CHOOSE the best way to give. Scranton Area Foundation has four types of funds available that meet different needs, but still promote effective philanthropy. Talk with us about which one is right for you and your needs.