The first Friday in May is NEPA Match Day!
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE INVITATION TO JOIN! If your nonprofit agency would like to join the collective, this email contains information about what you will need to submit when open registration begins next week.
Our goal is to help 25 nonprofits (501(c)(3)s) serving Lackawanna County build their capacity by matching the funding they raise on May 5, 2017. For each dollar raised by a participating organization on May 5th, the Foundation will provide a dollar-for dollar match, up to $1,000 per organization.
So, if you raise $1,500 on May 5th, your total will be $2,500! But this year, there is more!!
All nonprofits participating in 2017’s NEPA Match Day collective have the opportunity to win one of three substantial bonuses.
If your organization is not already signed up for the Foundation’s nonprofit email list, you should sign up as soon as possible. The official invitation to join the NEPA Match Day collective will be published sometime during the week of January 16th through the Foundation’s email list, website, and social media pages.
Once the official invitation is published, we will accept the first 25 organizations that meet the listed criteria. If you were one of the first 25 organizations, you will receive a notification email that your organization is part of the 2017 collective.
The following paragraphs detail the criteria necessary to join 2017’s NEPA Match Day collective.
As soon as the invitation to join NEPA Match Day is published, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your organization wants to participate. In the same email, please provide:
• Organization contact information (person’s name, title, email address, and phone number);
• Link to organization website;
• Link to online donation page;
• Attached JPG or PDF format of organization logo;
• Organization mission statement;
• Link to organization social media page(s);
• Attached 501(c)(3) verification or EIN;
• Affirmation that your organization serves Lackawanna County; and
• Brief (4 sentence max) statement of what the funding will help your organization do for the community.
The following items are requirements an agency must meet to join the collective:
• Agree to participate in social media marketing of the entire collective a minimum of two (2) times per month until Match Day;
• Send a representative to all NEPA Match Day meetings;
• Willingness to work together as a team to promote NEPA Match Day and all organizations participating in the collective;
• Acknowledge in all communications with the public concerning NEPA Match Day that NEPA Match Day is an initiative of the Scranton Area Community Foundation; and
• Provide reporting of NEPA Match Day totals by Friday, May 12, 2017.
Limitations on participation:
• Participation in the NEPA Match Day collective is not available to institutions of higher education;
• For organizations participating in 2017’s NEPA Match Day collective, failure to adhere to any stated requirements may preclude your organization’s future participation in NEPA Match Day;
• Email submissions with missing information or broken links will be notified and given an opportunity to correct errors. Only the first 25 nonprofits to submit complete and accurate information will be part of the collective.
If you have any questions about participation requirements for 2017’s NEPA Match Day, please call or email Rachel Drazdowski at (570) 347-6203 ext. 302 or email@example.com.