NOW HIRING! Finance and Accounting Manager
The Scranton Area Community Foundation has an immediate opening for a Finance and Accounting Manager who will be responsible to oversee the Foundation’s accounting and financial activities, including fund and foundation accounting management.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is a well-respected community foundation and the only community foundation serving Lackawanna County, with a 64-year history of managing charitable giving vehicles and providing grants to support community causes. The Foundation is in a period of growth and expanded community engagement, with over $39 million in assets under management, and an additional $30 million in assets in contracted administrative relationships with other Foundations.
The successful candidate will oversee the following areas: general accounting, fund accounting, business planning, budgeting, audit preparation, and managing contracted agreements with other foundations. The Finance and Accounting Manager will be responsible for other projects and initiatives when directed by the President and CEO.
Salary: $50,000 to $55,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement contribution, life insurance, long and short term disability, and paid time off.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Specialization in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- Advanced degree a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in areas of accounting or finance
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations a plus
- Experience with reporting of financial data, and audit coordination
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, when needed
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and shift to urgent projects, as needed
- Ability to interpret and translate complex investment information
- Excellent organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional intrapersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission
- Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the board of directors, and other stakeholders
- Prepare fund statements and have knowledge of pooled investment and allocations
- Prepare checks for grant awards, scholarships, and daily disbursements
- Manage cash, including forecasting cash needs and movement of cash between accounts, as needed
- Directly manage all reporting, financial transactions, and reconciliations
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective accounting policies and internal controls
- Develop the annual budget in conjunction with the President & CEO, and monitor budget performance throughout the fiscal year
- Ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with budgets
- Provide timely and accurate financial information, analysis and projections as needed for the Foundation’s board, staff and fund holders
- Produce monthly, quarterly and audited year-end consolidated financial statements for the Foundation, its individual charitable funds, and its affiliated, contracted foundations
- Serve as a liaison to the Foundation’s independent auditors and serves as primary staff for the Audit Committee
- Ensure that all required state and federal reports are filed in a timely manner
- Serve as the intermediary and liaison for the Foundation’s Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Investment Managers
- Review balances of investments, bank, and custodial accounts regularly and ongoing
- Implement a Charitable Gift Annuity program
- Highly proficiency with computer technology
- Extensive experience with MS Office, particularly Excel
- Preferred experience with Google Suite products, such as Docs and Sheets
- Experience with financial management software, such as Quickbooks
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, September 28, 2018. Please include “Finance and Accounting Manager.” in the subject line. No calls please.
The Scranton Area Community Foundation is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.