Now Hiring! Communications Manager, Part-Time
Communications Manager, Part-Time
The Scranton Area Community Foundation has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager. This part-time position is responsible for managing the Foundation’s communication and media strategy, including social media and other online communications; donor communications; and marketing special projects. The Communications Manager reports to the President & CEO and works closely with senior staff. We are accepting applications for this position until March 15, 2018.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in creating media releases, newsletter content, and other copy
- Experience in working with the media
- Graphic design experience, with working knowledge of both Publisher and Adobe Creative Cloud
- An understanding of the effective uses of social media
- Ability to create written content which engage and appeal to various stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals to execute on tight deadline
- Articulate, polished, and professional demeanor with strong work ethic and initiative
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite, and online website platforms (WordPress)
- Knowledge of fundraising communications techniques including, but not limited to, proposal writing and donor relations
- Research proficiency for grant writing and prospecting
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work varying hours, as needed
- Team player who is able to work independently and as part of a group
- Flexibility to keep up with a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.)
- 3+ years’ experience in communications, public relations, journalism, graphic design, copywriting, or other fields where excellence in oral and written communications was demonstrated
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic materials, including:
- Monthly e-newsletters and communiations for donors and supporters
- Press releases
- Two print newsletters per year for donors and supporters
- Annual report for donors and other supporters
- Development and solicitation materials
- Consistent and engaging postings on social media
- Website updates with event announcements, photos, news articles, press releases, etc.
- Write development documents, including fundraising proposals, publications, and communication materials
- Help other staff members to prepare for workshops, trainings, guest speaker engagements, and other events to ensure that all communications are accurate
- Work with leadership to identify media opportunities and implement campaigns around key programs and issues
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Compensation: $20 to $25 per hour depending on experience and qualifications; 25- 30 hours per week.
- Paid vacation, sick time, and personal days.
- Qualified candidates will demonstrate his/her capacity by providing writing samples including press releases, proposals, presentations, copy, etc. Candidates should also provide professional references.
- Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line.
The Scranton Area Foundation is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.